Crimson Dragon Academy
Welcome to Crimson Dragon Academy,
where anyone can join to discuss Yu-Gi-Oh!

You are not connected.

Please Login or Register.

mac0725's Dark Dragon Deck

Go down

mac0725's Dark Dragon Deck

Post by mac0725 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:30 am

EXTRA DECK (14):
Five-Headed Dragon
Majestic Red Dragon
Majestic Star Dragon
Red Nova Dragon
Trident Dragion
Red Dragon Archfiend
Scrap Dragon
Black-Winged Dragon
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Stardust Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Exploder Dragonwing
King Dragun
Ancient Fairy Dragon

MAIN DECK (50):

Monsters (25):
Rainbow Dark Dragon
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x3
Dark Armed Dragon
White Horned Dragon
Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon x2
Axe Dragonute x2
Mirage Dragon
Lancer Dragonute x2
Divine Dragon Ragnarok
Delta Flyer x2
Magna Drago x2
Lord of D.
Dread Dragon x2
Golem Dragon x2
Gandora the Dragon of Destruction
Majestic Dragon

Spells (12):
A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon x2
Dragon's Mirror x2
Lightning Vortex x2
Miracle Dig x2
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Stamping Destruction x2

Traps (13):
Call of the Haunted
Counter Counter
Magic Cylinder x2
Negate Attack
Raigeki Break x2
Return from the Different Dimension
Sakuretsu Armor x2
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x2
The Dragon's Bead

That's the deck. This deck KILLED my friend's Six Samurai deck, but he wasn't running any of the "Legendary Six Samurai" monsters, which just murdered this deck in ONE MOVE. So, because of this, I'd like some feedback on how I can improve this deck. I know that cutting back on the amount of cards in the Main Deck would help, but the thing is that this deck relies on the numerous combinations that the higher amount of cards gives it. So let me know if there's anything you guys would suggest on how to help this deck out. Thanks in advance. Smile

P.S. This deck keeps changing as I upgrade it, so keep coming back and tell me if it's gotten better or worse. Thank you.

P.P.S. The monsters in both the Extra Deck and the Main Deck are arranged in ATK order, then DEF order, meaning if they have the same ATK, then the one with the higher DEF goes on top. If the stats are the same, it's alphabetized, unless I have multiples of one, then that one goes first. It's just my way of arranging my monsters.

Last edited by DarkDragonDuelist on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
mac0725

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: mac0725's Dark Dragon Deck

Post by shorca on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 am

main deck has wayyyy to much, ill try fix this after work though. =]

edit:

Your deck has too many focuses, and therefore by doing that, causes you to lose consistency. Try and focus on one or maximum two styles. you have rainbow dark, majestic, dark armed, five headed etc. That's too many, so what I've done is try and improve consistency, it's not perfect, but i've tested it and it seems to work pretty well.

monsters: 17

3x red-eyes darkness metal dragon
2x white night dragon
1x galaxy-eyes photon dragon
3x koa'ki meiru drago
1x interplanetarypurplythrony dragon
1x dodger dragon
2x delta flyer
3x totem dragon
1x light and darkness dragon

spells: 16

3x dragon ravine
2x terraforming
1x dragon's mirror
1x future fusion
1x dark hole
1x monster reborn
1x heavy storm
2x mystical space typhoon
2x enemy controller
1x book of moon
1x foolish burial

traps: 7

2x call of the haunted
1x solemn judgement
2x bottomless trap hole
1x compulsary evacuation device
1x return from different dimension

extra: 15

your choice really but: staple synchros and a five headed or two.

This way, your deck has some focus, mainly on red eyes. This will hopefully help your deck, as you will be able to summon beaters after beaters as they keep coming back and having tech choices like koaki and galaxy eyes help. Galaxy eyes was chosen to dodge traps like mirror force and dimensional prison and koaki was chosen to lock down your opponents light and dark ss summon and synchro/xyz.

hope this helps. =]

shorca
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mac0725 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 am

I appreciate the advice and hope to use some of it, but there's one thing I can't do, and that's put in the "Koa'ki Meiru Drago" for one reason: I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SUMMON DARK MONSTERS!!! Hence the "Dark Dragon" name. You do have a point behind some of this, though, which is why I'm probably going to remove Rainbow Dark Dragon. I've never been able to summon him before, so I'm probably gonna remove him. Other than that, I'm only gonna make a couple small changes, though my spells and traps are staying the way they are, for the most part, ESPECIALLY my traps. The double Scrap-Iron, double Magic Cylinder, and double Sakuretsu have really saved my tail, though I am adding in some Compulsory Evacs. I'll post my revised deck some time soon after this post.
mac0725

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shorca on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm

DarkDragonDuelist wrote:I appreciate the advice and hope to use some of it, but there's one thing I can't do, and that's put in the "Koa'ki Meiru Drago" for one reason: I NEED TO BE ABLE TO SUMMON DARK MONSTERS!!! Hence the "Dark Dragon" name. You do have a point behind some of this, though, which is why I'm probably going to remove Rainbow Dark Dragon. I've never been able to summon him before, so I'm probably gonna remove him. Other than that, I'm only gonna make a couple small changes, though my spells and traps are staying the way they are, for the most part, ESPECIALLY my traps. The double Scrap-Iron, double Magic Cylinder, and double Sakuretsu have really saved my tail, though I am adding in some Compulsory Evacs. I'll post my revised deck some time soon after this post.

When you have koa'ki, you either

a) already have all your guys out
b) need a beatstick to run with tkro and doomcal.

you can easily play around his effect, so it shouldn't hinder you. I have tested this deck out, and its alor better with koa'ki. The traps you mentioned are good, but the don't actively remove your opponents monsters or effects. By using solemn, you can actively decide whether your opponent gets his effects or their monster, as it won't be summoned successfuly. By using cylinder and scare-crow, the monster is not removed from the field, so you still have to deal with them next turn. As with sakuretsu, dimensional prison is a much better option as it can get around destruction-protection effects like stardust dragon.

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mac0725 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 am

I agree that Dimensional Prison is a better card than Sakuretsu Armor, yes, and I will take your advice and add that to my deck and get rid of Sakuretsu. I've been using Prison in one of my other decks and it works GREAT! I'm also going to add in Mirror Force and possibly get rid of one Scrap-Iron. I'm keeping in Magic Cylinder, though, as it deals MEGA damage to my opponent almost every time I use it, though I think I'm getting rid of one to make room for a third Dimensional Prison. As for Koa'ki, I'll give him a shot, but I'm not sure it'll help. I mean, if it was a normal Dragon Deck rather than a Dark Dragon deck, sure, I'd add him in immediately, but I will try him out. The main problem is finding a monster that he can replace. Probably Rainbow Dark Dragon, seeing as I haven't been able to get him on the field at all. But I'll try all this out and see how this deck plays out before posting it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shorca on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:14 pm

DarkDragonDuelist wrote:I agree that Dimensional Prison is a better card than Sakuretsu Armor, yes, and I will take your advice and add that to my deck and get rid of Sakuretsu. I've been using Prison in one of my other decks and it works GREAT! I'm also going to add in Mirror Force and possibly get rid of one Scrap-Iron. I'm keeping in Magic Cylinder, though, as it deals MEGA damage to my opponent almost every time I use it, though I think I'm getting rid of one to make room for a third Dimensional Prison. As for Koa'ki, I'll give him a shot, but I'm not sure it'll help. I mean, if it was a normal Dragon Deck rather than a Dark Dragon deck, sure, I'd add him in immediately, but I will try him out. The main problem is finding a monster that he can replace. Probably Rainbow Dark Dragon, seeing as I haven't been able to get him on the field at all. But I'll try all this out and see how this deck plays out before posting it.

trust me, koa'ki is better than he sounds. try it. =] as for cylinder, if you absolutely MUSt keep it, use dimension wall instead, it doesnt target i believe.
shorca
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonMaster99 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Dimension Wall does not target.

Administrator
Administrator

View user profile http://crimsondragonacademy.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mac0725 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:15 am

Okay, there's only one problem with Dimension Wall: my monster would still be destroyed. The reason why I like Magic Cylinder, Dimensional Prison, and Scrap-Iron Scarecrow so much is because they protect my monster from being destroyed. Now then, here's my new deck build for my Dark Dragon Deck:

EXTRA DECK (14):
Five-Headed Dragon x2
King Dragun
Ancient Fairy Dragon
Black Rose Dragon
Black-Winged Dragon
Exploder Dragonwing
Iron Chain Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend
Red Nova Dragon
Scrap Dragon
Stardust Dragon
Trident Dragion
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

MAIN DECK (40):

Monsters (21):
Divine Dragon Ragnarok
Axe Dragonute x2
Delta Flyer x3
Dread Dragon x2
Golem Dragon x2
Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon
Lancer Dragonute x2
Lord of D.
Man-Eater Bug x2
Mirage Dragon x2
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon x3

Spells (9):
Dragon's Mirror x2
Future Fusion
Lightning Vortex x2
Monster Reborn
Stamping Destruction x2
The Flute of Summoning Dragon

Traps (10):
Call of the Haunted
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
Dimensional Prison x3
Magic Cylinder
Mirror Force
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x2

That is my new Dark Dragon Deck. I drastically altered the number of cards, knowing now that I need to have 40 cards to ensure a good deck. I also posted them as they are sorted on Dueling Network, rather than by my usual means, so I hope this helps. Please let me know what you guys think of it.
mac0725

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fubu-King on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:24 am

Monsters:
X1 Axe Dragonute
X2 Delta flyer (needs to be taken out)
X2 Wyvern
X3 Darkness Metal Dragon
X3 Dragunity Dux
X3 Dragunity Phalanx
X1 Glow-Up
X2 Majestic
X2 Stardust Xia

Spells:
X1 Dark hole
X3 Ravine
X2 Dragon Mirror
X1 Foolish B
X1 Future Fusion
X1 Heavy Storm
X2 Inferno Rec
X1 Monster Reborn
X1 Stamping Des
X1 Stardust Shim

Traps:
X1 Call of the Haunted
X2 Compul
X1 Dimention
X1 Magic Cyl
X1 Mirror Force

Extra:
X2 Five-Headed Dragon
X1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
X3 Dragunity Knight
X1 Black Rose
X1 Majestic Red Dragon
X1 Majestic Star Dragon
X2 Red Dragon Archfiend
X1 Red Nova Dragon
X1 Scrap Dragon
X2 Stardust Dragon
Shorca, by taking out the Majestic Dragons you have offended me; thus I have reorganized the deck in order to include them. @ Darkdragonduelist, I challenge you. This deck is like a car, and I have provided the framework; a rough draft. I challenge you to make it better, playable, without anyone's help. In order to create good decks yourself you have to be able to take a deck that has potential, and make it into the embodiment of its potential.

Fubu-King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shorca on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm

lol fubu, im sorry Razz well, i've just never found majestic consistent, and in his original build, chances of making it was like 0.01% :L

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mac0725 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:04 am

Fubu-King, there's two things I want to tell you. First, the decision to take out Majestic Dragon was my own, in order to make room for some other monsters and some other Synchros that I found. It was my own decision and had nothing to do with what Shorca said, so don't blame him. Second, Delta Flyer is NOT being taken out. He's, like, my most useful Tuner monster, and having 3 of him definitely helps the chances of drawing him when I need him. But I really do need help with deck building, because I have yet to find a good build that works well for me that also suits my style of play.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shorca on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Just looking at your deck, and realised your missing some nice staples. Try to fit in these cards if you can, they generally help all the time anyway =]

- dark hole (swap with lightning vortex)
- Heavy Storm (swap for 1 stamping)
- sangan ( something that you don't use alot)

imo, 1 flute for 1 lord of D. isn't going to work. If your going to use them, at least use more copies of both or none at all, as the chances of you getting both with only one in the deck is too small, can could lead you to dead draws.

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fubu-King on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:03 pm

Hahaha you guys were taking me way to seriously. I was just giving you a different view of the deck that you were making. ^_^ I was at no point mad at shorca. lol
Fubu-King

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mac0725 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:07 am

I agree that i'm missing some very important staples, including the three you mentioned. I've also been getting my butt handed to me left and right by cards like Lightpulsar Dragon and Light and Darkness Dragon, as well as Prime Material Dragon, so i'm taking some cards out and adding those. I'll post the next version of the deck soon, but I'm still not running Majestic anymore. Sorry, Fubu-King.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mac0725 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 am

Okay, I now have a new lay-out for this deck. Not only is it not a Dark Dragon Deck anymore, but it is just a Dragon Deck. I found some good dragons courtesy of one of my friends on Dueling Network, and my deck now has some new powerhouse dragons. Here is the new deck:

EXTRA DECK (15):
Five-Headed Dragon x2
King Dragun
Exploder Dragonwing
Iron Chain Dragon
Orient Dragon x2
Red Dragon Archfiend
Red Nova Dragon
Scrap Dragon x2
Stardust Dragon x3
Trident Dragion

MAIN DECK (40):

Monsters (22):
Divine Dragon Ragnarok
Axe Dragonute
Delta Flyer x2
Dread Dragon x1
Golem Dragon x2
Light and Darkness Dragon
Lightpulsar Dragon
Lord of D.
Prime Material Dragon x2
Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon x3
Red-Eyes Wyvern x3
Totem Dragon x3
White Night Dragon

Spells (10):
Dark Hole
Dragon's Mirror x2
Foolish Burial
Future Fusion
Heavy Storm
Lightning Vortex
Monster Reborn
Stamping Destruction x2

Traps (8.):
Call of the Haunted
Compulsory Evactuation Device
Dimensional Prison x3
Mirror Force
Solemn Warning x2

That's the deck now. Please let me know how this would do and any improvements it could have.

Last edited by DarkDragonDuelist on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shorca on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 pm

if you are now running normal dragons, go for koa'ki again, its really nice =]

have no issues with s/t line up. good start =]

Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content